Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting your information for provisioning purposes you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, we, MetaCompliance Limited (company no. NI049166) of the City Arc, 89 Worship Street, London, EC2 2BF, are the data controller.
As a result of your use of our Products, we may be afforded access to personal data for which you constitute the data controller. In such cases, we, as the data processor, undertake to only process personal data in accordance with your documented instructions provided that such instructions are compliant with applicable data protection laws. Your instructions to us in this regard will be set forth in a data processing agreement entered into between you and us.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by using a Product or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use a Product, subscribe to any of our services, and when you report a problem with a product(s). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, employer and job role.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each use of our Product(s) we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the type of computer or device you use to use the Product, a unique device identifier, mobile network information, your operating system, the internet protocol address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your session, including the full uniform resource locators clickstream to, through and from our Product(s) (including date and time), response times, errors, interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service; or
- to ensure that content from our Product is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Product and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Products and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Products and services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Products safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Products about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of the group of companies of which we are a part. We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if MetaCompliance Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets; or
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of a Product, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are not permitted to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to, or during use of, our Product(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Product(s) may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you